Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ultimate Network

Constant Conversation-pray without ceasing, same thing, yet we so often think of prayer as unattainable. In our day it may be said to stay connected. We do this with our friends through text, e-mail and cell phones. We are never more than a text away from our loved ones. I believe this is what God meant when He told us to pray without ceasing. To have a constant dialogue going. For me I have begun to use everyday things to remind me that I am never in a "dead zone" with God.

Today, seeing the beautiful sky, I said; Thank you, God, for the beautiful sky. This reminds me not only who is responsible, but also that God is with me. Being a friend with God means that I am connected by a network that can never fail. One established by Jesus and maintained by the Holy Spirit. Yet, to utilize it, I had to join, by admitting my need for forgiveness and accepting the work Jesus did. Then I became part of a network that never fails or drops any calls. God loves it when I use the network. It keeps us close and I am aware of His presence more and more in the ordinary, even mundane things of life.

Friends, family, beauty and even difficulties can keep the conversation flowing. Brother Lawrence in the book Practicing the Presence of God tells how everything we do can be an act of worship, if we do it for God. I'm "connected;" are you?

No comments: