Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Change

Time to make a change... Changes. What is it about change that we love to hate? Is it the underlying lack of motivation or the thought of doing the hard work that is often required for change to take place? I don't like my weight, but the effort required to exercise regularly or to push back from the table is more than I'm inclined to give. Therefore, change in that area doesn't happen.

If I am to change I have to be willing to do the hard work of uncovering those areas where I am stuck. Stuck in the muck of doing the same thing over and over. Getting unstuck is difficult. It requires tremendous effort if we are to accomplish the work. That is why we need God. He is the unseen force that can remove the obstacle from our lives that has us stuck in the muck. Only when we uncover the area of difficulty and allow God to intervene can we experience life change. He is able to work in us to provide the motivation and power for change to happen. My prayer is for God to reveal those areas where I am stuck, so that with His help, He can reach down and pull me out.

No comments: